Monday, January 23, 2012

Valentines Day Isn't Just About Cards

Valentines Day isn't just about the pretty cards. Ok, I know you know that. But have you thought about ways to make your cards better? What about ways to make your cards part of your decorations?

It makes sense when you think about it. Valentines Day is centered around giving cards.

Ok, so maybe it isn't just about giving cards. The greeting card industry would sure like us to believe it is. I decided to go along with them...kind of. I decided that I would buy a new card each year and make it part of our Valentine decorations. There are some really beautiful cards out there. But they can also be quite pricey. Who wants to pay $5 for a card that will be read and thrown away? Not me.

But what about $5 for a new Valentine decoration? That doesn't sound to bad. So this weekend I bought this...


We have a fantastic little card shop in our town. It has BEAUTIFUL products. Pricey, but beautiful. When I saw this card I knew I had the perfect place for it.

I brought it home and put it into an old frame that I had spray painted. I didn't want to put a nail where I wanted it hung, so I used these...


These might be my new favorite product. I love how I can hang things wherever I want...even on a mirror. They are great! When I decide to change things up...like I constantly do...they simply pull right off. They are the best invention!

Just look how cute my card looks now!


It gives a cute Valentine look to my vintage typewriter. I love it!


Two years ago I stumbled across a few vintage Valentine postcards. They are so cool. I propped them up using over sized clothespins from the Dollar section at Michaels. They are some of my favorite Valentine pieces.


This one is sitting inside my cabinet by our "Job Jar." Since the Job Jar is used when things haven't been put away, I thought this postcard was fitting. He looks so sad.

This is the card I bought last year...


The photo doesn't do it justice. I like it...the ticket to my heart.

Take a look around. Maybe you have some old Valentines that have a special meaning that you could bring into your decorating. Look at Valentine cards in a different way...you may be surprised at what you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love to get comments! Drop me a note and let me hear what you think. Thanks. -Heidi