Thursday, April 5, 2012

Easter Decorations Transformation

Look at this little guy...


Something about him called to me...despite the fact that I absolutely hate the terra cotta look. I don't have anything against terra cotta in general, but it just wasn't working for him. Maybe it was the tempting cry of RustOleum...begging me to try and transform him...to make him loveable again.

I think I paid 25 cents for him...maybe it was a whopping 50 cents. Either way, it was a challenge that seemed worth the risk. In my mind I could see it, and it was adorable. With pottery you just never know how it will turn out. But I was willing to give it a try. Besides, I already had my RustOleum Primer and Heirloom White patiently waiting at home.

It wasn't until I found this basket that I knew the perfect home for him.


I know what you are thinking. If you have looked around my blog for awhile, you know things are very beach cottage around here. This bright green basket just doesn't seem like my style. While I admit, I do love the colors and that basket is sitting full of those bright colorful eggs waiting for our Easter Egg hunt...it wasn't the decor I was looking for. I wanted something more subdued. Something calmer. Something less obvious. Something I would want to pull out year after year despite the popular color changes.

The price of the basket was good...$2.50 at Target. You know, in the "fake" side of the Dollar Section. The color was not so good. So out came the RustOleum once again. Just look at them now...


So sweet. So simple. So understated. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love to get comments! Drop me a note and let me hear what you think. Thanks. -Heidi