Monday, April 2, 2012

Easter Slap Bracelets

Hello friends! Oh how I have missed my "regular" life. I have been gone FOREVER because of a commitment to create the Yearbook for my kids school. I had no idea what I had gotten myself into. I will write more about it later, but for now, I want to show you an idea for a cute Easter treat. Well, according to my daughter this couldn't be a treat. She thinks a treat is something you eat. Isn't a pedicure a treat? Let's just say we have agreed to disagree.

I found these adorable slap bracelets in the Easter section at WalMart:


They have several different styles with different wording. I lead an AWANA group at church on Wednesday night and I wanted something to give the boys for Easter. Something besides candy. Trust me, those boys have enough energy without candy in their systems! :)

These jumped out at me because of their great colors for boys and the word "Awesome." When I was in High School we always sang a song in church about our Awesome God. As I have gotten older, I have become more aware of just how AWESOME my God truly is.

I thought with a little added touch, these would be perfect for the boys. I used my word processor and created a tag to staple to the top of the package. I would usually make them more detailed, but I was in a hurry...and lets get real...they are boys. 5 and 6 year old boys. They don't care about the package, I do. So this time I kept it simple.

Look how personal the little added touch makes these:



The possibilities for these bracelets are endless. To begin with, they are 97 cents...just think what a great score they would be after Easter! To save for another time, you could open the package and remove the bunny paper. You would never know they were from Easter! Your added paper could say anything: "Thanks for being an AWESOME friend." "1st Graders are AWESOME." I love an easy, inexpensive treat that is so versatile. They would make great party favors to pass out at school for a birthday instead of cupcakes that have been outlawed at our school.



I will definitely be on the lookout for the sales after Easter!

1 comment:

  1. YES! Our GOD is truly AWESOME...

    Great work as usual. GM

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to get comments! Drop me a note and let me hear what you think. Thanks. -Heidi